I have contemplated starting, I have started, and even completed posts on this blog and another blog in the past. The blogs always start off with visions of grandeur and lofty aspirations. I made promises of several weekly posts, to who I am unsure, and a month or so later the blog laid dormant promises to the unknown broken. I hope this blog to be different and I hope to actually draw some interest from people to where they will actually read what I'm writing. I don't plan on any further promises but I am going to make a conscientious effort to write on a regular basis. I deleted all of the previous posts and am looking forward to starting anew.
I thought I'd lay out the concept of the blog. My plan is to discuss the ups and downs of a mid-twenties male living life outside the perimeter in Atlanta. I'll write about things that are of interest to me and hopefully of interest to you as well.
I am avid sports fan and will watch just about anything sports related that is on TV or if I can, in person. I prefer college sports to professional sports and am a huge fan of anything related to The University of Tennessee, specifically football and basketball. Michigan State basketball is another team I follow closely, having grown up a fan due to my grandfather having played there in the 1950's. I'm also a fan of the Atlanta Braves since the days of Fulton County Stadium and an Atlanta Falcons supporter. I'm a pretty big sports nut so we'll talk about that but I think my interests are pretty varied so I'll touch on a whole variety of other topics as well. I love good food and good drink, so I'll write about that as well. Both stuff that I've cooked as well as different eats that I've found around the city that I find to be tasty. I'll talk about the travels that I'm undertaking, the whole places I go and people I see deal. I enjoy reading so I'll share books that I've read, talk about music I enjoy listening to, and really anything else that comes to mind. I foresee this blog as something will evolve as we go but hopefully it'll be something that is entertaining for you to read.
I have several friends who have started blogs and have enjoyed reading them. I have a good friend living in Mobile who I constantly give a hard time to about his lack of blog posting. I don't know why but I feel something pulling me towards this whole concept of blogging and I figured I might as well give it a try and see where it takes me, hope you all enjoy.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited for you Pattyboy!! You had me at "huge college sports fan" but I lost it when you mentioned Tennessee. We may have to convert you, but at least you root for the SEC. I am looking forward to more posts.
ReplyDelete